Monday, August 2, 2010

Community Effort!

Well, I've decided that a move this big takes a community effort! As someone mentioned the other day, "You sure must have a lot of good friends" and yes, I do! I have had friends from church, friends from the university, friends from my equestrian activities, students, and many more, pitch in to get things sorted, things packed, and things (like my duplex) cleaned up and out!! I officially moved the last of my belongings into the storage unit last Thursday when I hired a math major and his friend to "sort" and pack the unit--they considered it a game of Tetris and did an awesome job of packing things to the top of the storage unit! All is in there with room to spare for a few things I have left to sort. Today I'm officially out of my duplex and staying with a generous friend . . . (and even her dog Pepe likes me . . .). Tomorrow I sort and pack some more--and oh, yes, for those thinking I was leaving today for England, well, I had an ear problem (and a "I'm not finished packing problem) that gave cause for an additional couple of days. Tomorrow will bring more sorting and packing and taking care of my horse and his accommodations. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Debbie! I hope you are doing well. Was thinking about you and your fabulous life you are living : ) Working 7 days in a row this week due to everyone being on summer vacation. Keep in touch.

    love,

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete