Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I've Arrived at the Kilns!

I "thought" I would leave that Monday when I wrote my last blog; however, the visa still did not arrive--so we had to reschedule one more time. I arrived last Thursday afternoon into the UK. The reason you have not heard from me for a week is that I was having difficulty logging onto my blogsite. Well, the arrival was interesting. I was only detained for 30 minutes in customs this time (instead of 7.5 hours)--and I was thoroughly grilled on what I was doing with my personal research--I even had to recite some of the Lord's Prayer in Old English for the customs man--then he believed me! Fortunately, I had a bit of OE memorized . . .
I was treated royally upon my arrival. One of the scholars gave me flowers and fixed me supper so I didn't have to go shopping the first night and then a friend asked me to supper the second night. I even had an invite for the third night but I needed to rest up a bit from all the jet lag and jet setting! I appreciate all the prayers and support from everybody! More to come . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment