Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Journey of Restoration

Once again, the journey of "waiting" for the visa has turned into a blessing--this time in the physical realm. I was told that if the visa waited just "one more week" then I would be able to use a gift (from some awesome friends) of attending the wonderful Restoration Ranch with Dr. Mike Casey for a health cleansing (http://www.healthrestorationranch.com). The visa indeed did wait so off I trekked to Yucca Valley, CA, home of the Joshua Tree National Forest. The high desert flora was beautiful, the sunsets awesome, the hospitality and gorgeous ranch incredible. The health lectures alone were worth the stay, but alongside the cleansing smoothies, and healthy eating and exercising, I couldn't have asked for a better preparation for my soon-to-come adventure [and no, you don't fast for days without eating . . . in fact, you never feel hungry at all]! I left with new friends, new knowledge, a clearer mind, a healthier body, and many spiritual lessons from the Bible! Plus, I gained an appreciation for the beauty of the desert--it is truly breathtaking. The entire experience was so invigorating a retreat that I recommend it to everybody hands down! So, now that I'm all physically, spiritually, and mentally renewed, I'm ready for the door to open into the Kilns! "Further up and further in!" (The Last Battle).

No comments:

Post a Comment